Monday, May 1, 2017

Mr Herman Latip introduce me Linux term sometime ago at year of 1997

Now, I'm on year of 2017, the year which I decide have Linuxmint as my chosen home PC operating system. It is my new alternative of Microsoft Windows operating system that I've admitted Microsoft Windows work well starting release of Win3x, Win95, Win7 and now I still with Microsoft operating system, the Windows10  @work.

It is now 20 years already, this operating system name, called Linux, really born and growth up in my house. A friend of mine, Mr Latip, https://www.facebook.com/HermanLatip who introduce me Linux term and he was the one who buy a student assembly-PC from me at that year 1996 or 1997 with custom installed with dual-boot with SCO-Unix, the brotherhood of Linux (if I recall it, correctly) :-)

On year of 2015, someone I met at church's activity who again introduce me Linux term. And ask him, which flavor of Linux he use to replace his home installed-Window-PC. And how long he had used Linux? 2 years. So, two years is long enough, so I start this two years used of mint flavor, it is now a same two year now, I used LinuxMint!

My son's 11 years old likes LinuxMint operating system for one reason. It work better for internet tethering compare to Microsoft Windows10! You know, my kid repeated what I told them, that a device without internet, is just a like a 'stone'.

Here the screenshot and an introduction on how to install Linuxmint (I'm not use this guide, anyway)


 I hope, I'll find you a two-years-of-LinuxMint user, too!

Thanks
Antong


No comments: